Here is a wonderful cake to have a relaxing evening break with.
It has the beautiful walnut flavour mixed with soft vanilla cheese topping that has that morish factor.
This is a recipe from Patrick Holford of which I an a great admirer.
Here are the ingredients
For the cake
50g coconut oil or butter (at room temperature)
50g organic soya flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
50g ground walnuts
50g chopped walnuts
1 medium carrot approx 75g peeled and finely grated
2 medium eggs
For the topping
50g low fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp xylitol
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Grease and line a miniature 10cm/4in cake tin with non-stick paper.
2. Cream the coconut oil or butter and xylitol together until soft and smooth.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and ground walnuts until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the chopped walnuts and carrot, then stir in the eggs without beating them.
5. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top, if using. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is risen and golden. Remove from the over and cover the top with tin foil, then bake for a further 20 minutes or until the cake is cooked. (Tip: insert a skewer into the middle – if it comes out fairly clean then the cake is cooked, if it is still runny then it needs a bit longer). Allow to cool before icing with the cream cheese frosting, if using.
6. To make the cream cheese frosting, mix all the frosting ingredients together well. Spread on top of the cooled cake.
The only note I can place here is – don’t eat it all in one go!!! Yes it is that good.